We are looking for a high energy, driven Account Manager with federal sales experience to nurture and develop prospects which result in actionable leads for the organization. The Account Manager is responsible for generating revenue by implementing Anacapa’s sales strategy. This position will provide sales support to field representatives in all Civilian Agencies’, DOD agencies’ and FSIs’ related efforts.
Anacapa is a rapidly growing government technology reseller and integrator. We leverage performance based contracting to develop enterprise data center efficiency solutions exclusively for the public sector. Our deep experience leveraging BPAs and IDIQs to capture projects and programs has helped us secure market share inside agencies including FSIs, Homeland Security, and Health and Human Services.
- Generate revenue by implementing Anacapa’s sales strategy.
- Prospect, qualify and build new business opportunities for the territory pipeline, including cold calling, setting appointments, generating quotes and closing deals through telesales.
- Facilitate and manage renewals for the territory, dividing and conquering with Territory Managers where needed.
- Handle all inbound leads for territory by qualifying, engaging partners, and co-managing sales from inside.
- Provide sales support to field representatives, implementation support, and assist Field Sales Account Executive and Sales Manager in all account related efforts.
- Interface regularly with field sales team to achieve joint territory revenue quotas through new business generation and sales support efforts.
- Build ongoing relationships and take proactive role in issue resolutions with Anacapa customer accounts.
- Direct interaction with the customers and be their advocate throughout the sales cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 1+ years of related Government sales experience.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to think on their feet, use their business development skills to identify, qualify and build long-term profitable relationships with new and existing accounts. Utilizing their hunter skill mentality, they will build and maintain a strong pipeline of opportunities within designated government agencies. Experience in prospecting, cold calling and closing are essential for this role. The successful candidate will be sales-focused, responsive, creative, and proactive, with the ability to analyze customer needs and identify solutions. Experience selling to the Department of Homeland Security is a plus! A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 Years of experience selling to FSIs, Civilian Agencies and DOD agencies.
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Strong Excel skills